On this major milestone in your life, I want to tell you how proud I am of you:
- I am so proud of your love for God, your faith in God, and your pursuit of a relationship with God!
- I am so proud of the way your fearlessly tell people about The Lord—not out of pride, knowing that you’re ‘right’, but out of love, wanting them to enjoy a relationship with God the way that you have come to enjoy it!
- I am so proud of the way you care so deeply for other people.
- I am so proud and so thankful of the amazing big sister you are to Abby!
- I am so proud that she gets to look up to you, and follow in your footsteps through high school, into college, and as you girls become young adult friends
- I am so proud that you have left (most) of the drama and meanness of yesteryear’s friends behind—that it didn’t leave a permanent mark on your character, or trust in friends
- I am really, really proud of the student that you are! You represent the best in a student: you’re self-disciplined, you’re driven to succeed, but not controlled by it, you’re curious, so you truly seek to learn, and you’re very gifted—you’re very smart, you learn very well in a variety of different ways, and you retain the information and know how it all ‘works together’. I’m so proud of you!
- I am so so so proud of your awesome sense of humor and blazing fast wit, which you clearly were blessed with from your stepdad! 😉 No, really—I LOVE your laugh, I love your smile, I love your sense of humor, and I really love when you get into laughing/giggling fits that you can’t stop!
- Lastly, I want to remind you that you are a stunningly beautiful girl! Seriously—you are a breath-taking beauty, and I am an expert. To believe anything else is because we have a real enemy who attacks girls with that lie; John 8:44 “He was a murderer from the beginning, and has nothing to do with the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies.” and John 10:10 “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.” And so as your stepdad, and one who is outside of these lies and attacks, I can see them clearly—and as a husband to a bombshell, and dad to six girls, I know this is how Satan attacks you all. Right at the heart, making you all believe lies that you’re not pretty, you’re not skinny, you’re not worthy, and you’re not worth it. The most important thing I want you to take out of Middle School is this: I want you to be 100% secure in your identity in Christ! He says you’re beautiful! He says you’re special! He says you’re worthy of Him coming and dying just for you! And He says, He loves you and you are perfect, just the way He made you and knew you before the beginning of time! And I want to encourage you in that, Caroline! For a guy, I know beauty, and you are incredibly beautiful—but lastly, what I’m most proud of is that you are even more beautiful inside than out!
I love you! I am so proud of you!
Cheering you on, for the rest of your life!